September 19, 2016 2 Comments
This rare glimpse into an actual Earthling habitat shows you what foods we keep on hand and how we organize them! Get all the details in my article at Kitchen Stewardship!
Exclusively in The Earthling’s Handbook, play “Find the differences between these two photos!” The one on the left was taken first, but then I noticed a few organizational flaws and made some small adjustments before taking the photo at right. How many differences can you spot? Let me know in the comments!
This practical pantry isn’t slick and beautiful, but it’s functional. We are able to
- keep extra stuff on hand
- save money by stocking up at the sale price
- buy bulk foods and big packages that wouldn’t fit in our kitchen cabinet
- plan menus using mostly what we have
- reduce the temptation to eat poorly by having healthy ingredients handy
- save time and gasoline by shopping less often
- be prepared if weather or illness stops us from shopping
Our pantry’s basement location also helps us to stay fit and resist unnecessary eating! If you have to walk across the dining room and down a flight of stairs to get a box of cereal, either you burn some calories doing it or you decide you’re not so hungry after all.