UPDATE: This presentation went well, and I’d be happy to do it again sometime–contact me if you’d like me to present it to your group!
Meanwhile, here’s the written version on the PASUP website, complete with links to research studies. Learn how to recognize individual people’s green spots and expand them with one or more of these helpful strategies:
- Resolving cognitive dissonance so that actions match beliefs
- Using a triangle to identify the Threat, Villain, and Solution
- Shifting the locus of control to empower positive action
- Recognizing personality traits that are most receptive to greener behaviors
- Finding the right first step
- Nudging toward the next right thing
- Offering a free trial
- Pondering the legacy of instant garbage
- Sharing your system for success
I’ve had a great time perusing research to support and better articulate strategies I’ve been using for years! I look forward to explaining all this and hearing other people’s success stories.
Visit Hearth & Soul for other writers’ tips on Earth life–with a special focus this week on caring for the environment!