This tastes like a dessert but is loaded with Vitamin A, plus significant fiber and iron! To make 1 snack serving, you will need:
- 1/2 cup unsweetened canned or cooked pumpkin
- 1/2 tsp. butter or coconut oil
- your choice of sweetener: brown sugar, honey, maple syrup, sorghum syrup, etc.
- your choice of spice(s): cinnamon, nutmeg, and/or ginger
- microwave-safe bowl. Alternatively, you can heat it in a small pot, stirring constantly, and then pour into a bowl.
Scoop pumpkin into bowl. (Store excess pumpkin in containers with tight-fitting lids and refrigerate. It will keep for about a week.)
Top with spices, butter, and sweetener.
Microwave, covered, for about 1 minute or until hot. If it starts bubbling, stop microwave and stir before continuing to heat it.
Stir thoroughly and enjoy!
Another option is to split the pumpkin into two portions and top with plain or vanilla-flavored yogurt.
3 thoughts on “Pumpkin Snack”
Pingback: Our SoyLent Diary « The Earthling's Handbook
Pingback: Pumpkin Burritos « The Earthling's Handbook
Pingback: Favorite Fall Recipes | The Earthling's Handbook